Unsolved Mysteries: Unexplained 4am Perkiness

Monday, January 7, 2008

As always, I must begin with a brag. This morning makes six days in a row that I have worked out. As soon as I get a reliable scale I'll start posting my weekly weigh-in stats. I'm pretty sure no one cares, but knowing I have to post them is one more reason not to eat the donut, so to speak.

So, to the mystery at hand...

I've made no secret of the fact that I am NOT a morning person. Some people spring out of bed with a smile on their face and with a merry tune skip down the hall and into a shower ( I typically would like to hit these people. Hard.) Me? I pretty much emit only various grunts before 10am. I do alot of pulling the covers over my head and glaring slitty eyed at the alarm clock. Sometimes I throw things. I commute to SLC for work, which requires me to be out of my cocoon by 6am, and I'm never happy about it.

And yet, at precisely 4am this morning my eyes popped open. I forced them shut. POP! They open again. I found myself possessed of an urge to get out of bed and do something constructive. Fearing this might be a symptom of the early onset of dementia, I had a chat with myself about these irrational urges. I do this often as you will soon discover.

Perky Cyndi: Come on sleepy head! Let's get up!
Fat Cyndi: Grunt.
Perky Cyndi: Wasn't that a great night's sleep? I feel so energized!
Fat Cyndi: Snort
Perky Cyndi: Well that's not very polite. Come on! Let's get up and fold the laundry!
Fat Cyndi: Huh?
Perky Cyndi: Let's get up early and make Andy breakfast!
Fat Cyndi (noticeably perkier at the mention of food): Mmmmmmm. Doooonuuuuut.
Perky Cyndi: Dream on. I was thinking first we could work out, then...
Fat Cyndi: Worrk ouuut bad! Doooonuuut goooood!
Perky Cyndi: It would be awesome!
Fat Cyndi: Grrrrr!
Perky Cyndi: Well I'm getting up. You can stay here if you want, but I'm getting up.
Fat Cyndi: Pppppbbblwww! (Blows raspberry).

And I really did get up. I snuck out of bed, I changed into my workout clothes, and I did a Power 90 Sculpt video. But I still had a bunch of energy, so I did a Sweat video as well. Then I folded the laundry. Then I made turkey bacon for whole wheat turkey bacon BLTs for breakfast.

So what the heck was that all about? Feels like I'm in an episode of the Twilight Zone or something. Any second now I'm going to discover that aliens planted a mind control device planted somewhere on my person.

If anyone has any tips for getting rid of alien mind control devices that cause undesired perkiness, please let me know. I'd really like to sleep until 6am tomorrow.

Cyndi

2 comments:

Heather said...

I've never had the urge to work out (well period), but especially not before 10 a.m.--so I give you mad props. I had completely forgotten about not wearing heels (and the platforms...oh the pain these memories bring me). Do you want to try on my gray pants?You're right; maybe she will come around. Keep blogging; I love it!

Cyndi said...

Alas, I think that trying on the gray pants now would be about the equivalent of slipping on an especially tight pair of gray socks. So, just for you, I will wear my grey socks tonight when I work out. Will that do?