From the Desk of Cyndo

Thursday, January 24, 2008

I work as an administrative assistant. This means that I do alot of typing. This is usually things like meeting notes, official communications, etc. Over the years I have actually learned to type pretty quickly. This is a far cry from my days as a hunt and peck gal. The only problem is, once I get into speed typing mode, there are certain words that I always always type incorrectly. One of these words is "from," I always type "form." Sadly, another one of these words is my name. I always type "Cyndo" I simply can't make my finger hit the "I." it always goes for the "O."

On a couple instances, I have not caught this mistake before sending out an email or a set of notes. I have received a couple of responses saying: "Good Morning Cyndo (what an unusual name, is it Greek?)" Or some variation of that type of thing. I just haven't had the heart to correct them (either that or I am terribly embarrassed). For this reason, there are a couple vendors that call regularly asking for Cyndo. I have actually had to tell the receptionists downstairs that if anyone calls for Cyndo, that it's me they are looking for.

Why cannot I not type my own name correctly? They should have a spell check for this sort of thing.


Love,
Cyndo

erm...Cyndi

2 comments:

Heather said...

You don't peck anymore!?! You can button your pants AND type now? What's happened to my happy heffer? Bring her back!

Cyndi said...

Would you believe that I can type about 75 words per minute? Between writing a thesis and typing meeting notes I gradually got better and better. I don't even need to look at the keys! If it makes you feel any better, I did eat a cheeseburger tonight. I was at work late and my boss bought us cheeseburgers. I didn't want to be rude or anything, so I ate it.