Roadkill Flats- A New Fashion Trend?

Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm reeeally sure that I'm over this whole snow thing. It took me the better part of two and half hours to get to work today. Ugh. After finally slipping and sliding into the parking lot, I got out of the car and stepped right into a snow drift. My shoe and pants leg filled up with snow. I've never really mastered this whole practical shoes thing.

After extracting my foot from the drift I gave it a shake to try to get some snow out of my pants leg. I guess I gave it a little too much juice because I ended up kicking my shoe off. It sailed and slid about 100 feet to land right in the path of an oncoming car. (Cue dramatic lighting and action movie music)

Time moved in slow motion. I stood leaden, a scream frozen on my lips. I could see it was already too late. The car...could not stop (said in William Shatner voice). I witnessed in horror as my poor little shoe got runned over. So much for not liking flats. Now I had the delicate choice of whether to hop on one foot to my shoe (treacherous with the slippery parking lot and my notable lack of coordination) or walk with one foot in the snow. In the snow it was.

I retrieved my roadkill shoe (now squished and filled with slush) and limped with my frozen foot into the ladies bathroom. I revived my nearly frost-bitten foot with warm paper towels and did my best to re-shape my shoe.

Once again, I must reiterate...I rock!

Cyndi

2 comments:

Heather said...

Was it one of the really cute ones??? Oh, I'm feeling your pain right now. Maybe you should eat a donut to feel better. (That's what I do).

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, grace in action ay? :D