I Can Button My Pants!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ladies and gentleman, today is a landmark. Well actually a couple days ago was a landmark, but who's counting. As of today (and couple days ago) I can...(drumroll) BUTTON MY PANTS! I know this does not sound like much of an accomplishment, but you need to understand the back story.

About a year ago I bought a bunch of cute careerwear. In the year since, I gained enough weight that some items had to be taken out of rotation while others had to be erm...modifed so I could continue to wear them. By modified I mean that I left the top button unbuttoned and used a safety pin to fasten them closed in a location that didn't cut off the circulation to my legs and potentially cause paralysis.

I know what you are asking yourself. Why didn't you just buy a bigger size? Well I couldn't do that. That would have meant that I needed a bigger size. Duh! As long as I could get the pants on and fasten them, that counted as fitting.

But now! Now I can get the pants on and button them. Even the top button! And I don't even unbutton them while in the car or during long meetings. Tada!

It's all about the small victories people. 21 days working out! Yay me!

Cyndi

1 comments:

D and C said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I am trying so hard!!! You are my hero!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!
I LOVE IT!!!