They all fall down! (Or just me)

Friday, January 25, 2008

I was debating on whether or not to post this, but I love you all too much to deny you the laughs.

I was coming back from a meeting this morning... I was in the elevator with my laptop in hand when I remembered something I used to do as a kid. Between elevator floors I would squat and them jump up when coming up to a floor. The gravity does something funky. Anyhoo, on a whim, I decided to squat and push up when arriving at the 5th floor.

So I squatted, then pushed up, then fell over. I guess I've lost the touch. I'm going to blame the laptop for throwing my alignment off. I managed to save my laptop from hitting the ground, but I was a heap of legs, arms, and heels. Now, I could stop here, and this would be sufficiently embarrassing. But unfortunately there is more.

As I rocked up from my side to get up the elevator doors opened and there before me was a group of employees heading to lunch. The Oh my gosh are you okays? ensued and I was thoroughly, thoroughly mortified.

I need to come up with a theory about why these things happen to me. I must have warped karma or a misaligned chi. Either that or I'm the biggest klutz that has ever lived. I'm voting for the chi.

Cyndi

2 comments:

Heather said...

Chris would be the biggest klutz alive...although you and Heidi are vying for a close 2nd. I hate that I miss these things. When we used to spend every waking moment together, I would have been privy to all of your little mishaps :)

D and C said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I so wish I was there...you need to do it again and have someone take pictures! LOL!!