Congrats Cotty and Marcie!

Friday, February 1, 2008


Well, I am officially old now. My baby brother is getting married today to a cutie pie named Marcie. Scotty, the little brother whose nappies I used to change on occasion. Scotty, who I can remember dragging his nuggy bear around the house. Scotty who I recall toddling around with a green binky clasped between his lips and his hair an explosion of crib-mussed curls.
.
Of course there are plently of other things that make me feel old. More and more each day I lose touch with what is young and hip and happening and such. Of course the fact of that I used the word "hip" puts me closely in the line with the "break a hip" crowd. In any case, enough wallerin'.
.
So updates. I know I haven't done this in a while, but I assure you I did not fall off the wagon. I've still been working out regularly. In fact, my work has a gym on the campus and I signed up for a membership so I could work out at lunch time. Me! I did this! (I know, I nearly fainted in shock as well. Or it could have been from the hunger.)
.
This gym membership has raised another issue though. Communal nudity. As in, "locker room" nudity. Yes, I realize that this is a private venue and all. Somehow I've just never gotten over the shock of having a buck nekkid stranger smile at me and say hello. Maybe I really am a prude. Anhoo, I'll save that topic for another post.
.
Cyndi

0 comments: