I knew this would happen

Monday, February 11, 2008


I had such high hopes for this whole blogging thing. In the section of my brain where perfect motivated Cyndi lives, I had grandiose delusions about the whitty topics I would pontificate on daily. Unfortunately perfect motivated Cyndi has to wrangle with working out at lunchtime Cyndi, busy assistant Cyndi, and certainly not least, lazy vegetative Cyndi. As you might imagine, when you have that many people living in your head, it becomes a bit of a challenge to get them all to agree to doing the same thing at the same time.

As a result the daily posting thing has not worked out so well. I realized just this morning that I hadn't posted anything since last Tuesday. That wouldn't be so bad, but I also sucked big time at the diet thingy last week. So no posting, AND bad eating. I'm feeling some major guilt. I'm not really sure why I should feel guilty, but I do. In order to alleviate this guilt, I shall give you a round up of the goings on of last week that you missed. Trust me, it's not all that interesting.

Wednesday: Cyndi has to attend an all-day meeting to take notes and thus is unable to make her way to the gym to see her sweaty grunting dude friends. Tired and lazy after taking notes for 8 solid hours, she skips working out when she gets home. And eats half of a roast chicken and a baguette. Bad Cyndi!

Thursday: Cyndi spends her lunch hour trying to arrange a catered lunch for a work party and misses going to the gym again. After an afternoon reading over catering menus and drooling puddles on her desk, she attends a meeting where there is birthday cake. The fluffy kind that perfumes the air with refined sugar and saturated fat goodness. Driven to a ravening frenzy by cake-smell she goes home and has for dinner four kinds of cake, a Big Mac, a Big and Tasty, and fries. (You don't want to be around when I raven. It's downright frightening). Not suprisingly, she does not rise from her cake and burger grease stupor to work out.

Friday: Cyndi has a lunch meeting she must take notes for, and cannot go to the gym, again. Having ordered lunch and delicious desserts for the group, she silently prays that someone, anyone will eat the giant strawberry shortcake. Respite does not come and the shortcake is left uneaten. Feeling sorry for the lonely little shortcake, Cyndi devours half and in an amazing show of restraint, brings the other half home for Andy. Later that evening, figuring the week is screwed Cyndi and Andy eat Panda Express for dinner. And left over cake.

Saturday: 30 minute workout, Chinese leftovers for breakfast, Bajio for dinner, nuff said.

Sunday: Bajio leftovers for breakfast, lunch/dinnery thing at Chili's with Scotty and his beautiful new bride, Marcie.

Talk about falling off the wagon! Sheesh. Sadly, and not surprisingly I did not lose any weight last week. In my humble opinion this would be the hardest thing about changing one's diet to lose weight. Sometimes you just feel like eating naughty food. And when you give in, you feel all guilty and wretched and bloaty. It makes it all the more difficult to haul my cake-laden bloaty self back onto the wagon. But that's what I gotta do people.

And so a new week begins, and dutifully I shall do my best to be on the wagon rather than chasing along behind it panting and stuffing my mouth with cake.

Off to the gym! Grunt!

Cyndi

1 comments:

Heather said...

But the wagon is no fun. Cake is fun! I'll call tomorrow, if that's OK. Isabella just went down, and I gots some work to do.