Dude! My Little Pony's Guide to Being Hard Core at the Gym

Tuesday, February 5, 2008



The last time I got all crazy and lost a bunch of weight, I did it all in my house. Literally. All I did was Power 90, which never required me to work out in public. I remember now why I liked that so much. The part I really don't dig about working out in public is not other people seeing me, but me seeing other people. I know that sounds a little snobby, and maybe it is. But y'all didn't see what I saw yesterday at the campus gym. All I can say is, w.o.w.

I had meetings back to back yesterday which forced me to go to the gym at noon, which is of course the busiest time. On Friday I had the weight machine section all to my lil ole self. Yesterday it was overrun by sweaty grunting dudes. I say dudes because that is what every single one called eachother. Dude! (grunt)Awesome squat thrust! Dude (grunt) look at your tri's! Dude! Come one dude (grunt)! You can (grunt) do it dude! Dude! Yeah dude! Bring it (grunt)!


But there was one dude that put all the other dudes to utter shame. He was doing an exercise that I have never before seen, and which caused me a burp of laughter that hopefully the dudes might have mistaken for a grunt. (They're big into the grunting, those dudes.) He was balancing on one of these.



While he balanced, he was doing rowing pulls. All the other dudes were in awe. Dude! Do you see that dude! He's like crazy, dude! Look at that dude on that thing! Dude, you're hard core dude! Since when did incorporating a 1980's childs toy into a work out make one hard core?
Dude! I wanna be hard core. I am sooo bringing my My Little Pony to the gym today. Maybe I could work it into some sweet leg presses. I could sit it on top of the weights so that the pony would go up and down with each press. Surely that would impress the dudes. Especially if I worked in a couple good grunts.


Dude! Look at this chick dude! She's like got a pony on her weights dude! Whoa dude! She's psycho hard core. Yeah, I'd rock.
Cyndi

2 comments:

Heather said...

Really someone brought that ball thing to the gym? Wow. This blog reminded me of something I've been meaning to tell you about. Anthony is selling weight-lifting supplements on the Internet, and he personally e-mailed me to tell Chris that if he used these, he would look like him. Again, wow. I love meatheads.

D and C said...

I have to tell you, that YOU INSPIRE ME!!! I seriously HATE the gym, but I have been so freaking determined to lose weight so your blogs make me want to keep truckin'....DUDE!